Stop Online Bullying Tips For Kids
Stop online Bullying: Kids who are growing up in this technological age are very much connected all the time.Online bullying is much more common these days. In years gone bully victims who were bullied at school found small comfort in staying home but that’s not the case anymore as kids are connected 24/7 through social media sites, texting and instant messaging. This makes it even easier to be bombarded with ridicule through online bullying.
Bullying of any kind attacks a person’s self worth turning kids into lonely individuals who often believe that no one can help them. that the world is such a wicked place and they would rather not be a part of it. Many kids begin questioning themselves in terms of value and self worth. Some think that something is wrong with them and they wonder whether the bullying is ever going to stop. Some kids do not report it because they are too embarrassed. Some kids quit going to school because they worry that they will get hurt badly. Others wish that they were never born and would be better off dead. Many lost their self confidence,some kids become so depressed that they just give up and commit suicide.
To stop all these suicides and bullying of any kind, everyone must do their part. Children need to be prepared both mentally and physically. Children need to know that one of the many reasons that other kids bully is because at home all they get is harsh treatment and no love. Also, parents you need to let your kids know early that not everyone will be their friends nor laugh at their jokes. Very young kids when told by another “you not my friend” take it to heart and go cry in a corner. So parents, it is of vital importance that children know that when another says, I am not your friend, that it is not the end of the world and when they go cry in a corner they make it easy to be picked upon by other kids.
There’s hope for kids. They can still have a great experience online when it comes to dealing with cyber trolls on or online bullies.Here are some things we can do to help stop bullying and to protect our children from the effects of bullying
- 1.Do not respond to the Cyberbully
This can blow up the situation. If you have too keep your cool and tell the person to stop then seek assistance.
- 2.Save All Evidence. Before you start deleting stuff take screenshots,keep voicemails,print copies of emails and texts.
- 3.Report the abuse- Visit the safety or privacy control centers of social media sites and internet service providers to learn more about their policies.
- 4.Contact Your Local Police -tell them if threats include physical harm,sexual harassment or stalking.
- 5.Block The Bully (s)social media profile, email address,and phone number.
- 6.Protect Your Passwords – if anyone else knows your passwords change them now.
- Check your privacy controls- make sure only people you know and trust can see your social media post